19.11.07

I am Your Joan Didion

Remember, God? Remember Joan Didion? How, after her husband died, she felt so lost? Because it had been an easy thing between them. Every little thought shared. Decision weighed. Sigh heard. And suddenly he was gone. There was no one to listen.

Stunning loneliness.

Paul says to "pray without ceasing". And I know I do. I am your Joan Didion. Every little thought shared. Decision weighed. Sigh heard. Like tonight, when I'm thinking of my dear eldest one, red-cheeked, bleary-eyed, coughing.

Do I want you to heal her? It's not so much a request as the sharing of my heart. You made her body smart. Made it to be self-healing. So I'm not asking anything particular of you.

Still.

I just want you to hear me on this.

For I am your Joan Didion.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home