25.6.09

Architecture

From the unedited chapter "Weep: celebration", in God in the Yard...

Our house gapes at me from the far side of the lawn, its aluminum storm windows reflecting an air of doubt and boredom. Must I explain myself to a 1930’s Tudor? Okay, this is my story. I am in a makeshift temple in my back yard. These are the boundary lines: a rusty chain link fence on three sides that separates my property from the neighbors’ and a patch of English ivy that fills the little woods from side to side and top to bottom; I always sit in the ivy under the white pine, never in the grass.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your title reminds me that God uses things like leaves and ivy to build, rather than the traditional forms that we do.

26.6.09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home