25.1.11

Sermon Notes Poetry: Isaiah 49:1-7

Snowy here. Cold. My mind feels winter-sleepy. Writing poems is hard now. So when I can steal someone else's words and just keep setting them down, I appreciate that.

These poems were woven from Dave Stradler's words at my church this past Sunday...

Isaiah 49:1-7

My 20's and 30's
planting shadows,
arrows,
I quiver
splendor.

*

Forging fire,
battle ready
visions of roads,
time,
cars that
lose me,
you, the whole
galaxy.

*

Three, four people
on board,
on the edge falling
off until
it's me, just me
on the boat.

*

God's heart
is in my apartment
captured in bars
on White Plains
coffee shops,
lifting love.

*

How do we
be a light
with backbone
loving community
no sign on the door
saying, "You don't belong."

*

They want real
God-lives, out
meet, we'll come
to you
God-servant
holy martinis.

*

The whole bible
mission-being
in just seven verses.
Pop it open,
step questions
over the short night.

*

Christ-cost
mornings' heart
servants
to tribes beyond
Israel,
beyond walls.

Sharing with One Shot Wednesday today.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I have some favorites here.

Stay cozy!

25.1.11  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

nice...church happens beyond the walls...neat idea to write off the sermon notes...

25.1.11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

planting shadows

interesting thought there......

25.1.11  
Blogger Glynn said...

You have to be careful doing sermon notes poetry. You just might be listening.

I like them all.

26.1.11  
Blogger Steve Isaak said...

Solid work, flow.

27.1.11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home