20.7.11

A Rosary Gift

rosaerie

The classic rosary style is a circle. We go round and round the beads. Our fingers walk a path that others have walked before us, and others will walk after us.

How sweet, then, that photographer Gail Nadeau joined my girls and I in this spiritual garden walk. Today I found this little gift in my in-box. A circle of roses for us. And now for you.

It strikes me that Gail has done what Luci Shaw speaks of, and what my girls were doing the other day in their own way...

"There is another calling for the artist, and that is one of linking earth to heaven, pointing the human to the divine, finding the connections." Part of the pointing is no pointing at all, but simply bringing one's own beauty and walking along.

Rosarie, by Gail Nadeau. Used with permission.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Lovely image and a beautiful reflection on its meaning.

When there is again snow on the ground, that arc of roses can be completed (like an oval) with the eyes or perhaps a trace of the fingers, remembering.

20.7.11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home