21.2.08

A Counting

There is something I've been counting. Oh,
I don't need to tell You what it is.

Haven't You been watching me,
like a mama who sees her child digging
past tissues and receipts in her
bright red purse? Little chubby fingers,
counting the coins just to make sure
allowance day will not come up
short?

Oh, yes.

I've been a

counting.


Could You,

with Your blood red lips,

kiss my fingers

clean?


Based on 1 Chronicles 27:23... "David did not count those below twenty years of age, for the LORD had promised to make Israel as numerous as the stars of heaven."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine A. Scheller said...

and your friends have been counting with you : ) and would be counting too, if they were you.

21.2.08  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Ah, yes. That. But there is more as well, and thus the prayer of confession.

22.2.08  
Blogger Christine A. Scheller said...

More? My, my.

22.2.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home